A view of Main Street, Marlborough, MA, including City Hall (building with clock tower) built in 1905. From one of the original Indian Prayer Towns to boot factory hub to technology corridor city, this is the seat of local government. It includes the mayor’s office, where the city council meets, as well as most municipal offices. It is the concrete representation of local government at work, including elected and appointed officials. The current building sits not far from the original meeting house erected in 1663 and destroyed in 1676 on land originally occupied by the Pennacook tribe.